Thursday, 19 March 2009

Turtles

One of my favorite Gwen sayings is when she arrives somewhere shortly before I do, she says "mom, I was the rabbit and you were the turtle, was I" Obviously she's heard the story of the tortouis and the hare (pretty sure it wasn't from me). Which leads me to my turtles. I think they have been my slower developers in some ways. These are the things they thouroughly understand and venture to say at 14 months old,
(sorry for the slop, this was right after dinner)

That being said, they are my rabbits (as far as being born multiply and) socially with each other. I think everyone should be blessed to see twins interact. At church on Sunday, they were at opposite ends of a hallway, spread their arms wide simultaneously and toddled to each other. When they met, of course they knocked each other down in their attempt at embracing. Adorable. Here is another sweet moment I (or rather Ady, sorry for the blur) was able to catch on camera. I love Emberly's hold on Auryelle's arm and Aubry holding Em's leg.

4 comments:

Kaela said...

Karen tells me that all twins develop more slowly language-wise because they have eachother to communicate- who needs the outside world:) Plus, I think you have covered the two most important things anyway- tickles and kisses. Once more... AdOrAbLe!!!

Ethatch said...

So cute Sherrill, double blessings and double enjoyment for sure. I love the little embracing at church story!
Also the Gwenny rabbit/turtle story!
Love you all,
Mom

Matt & Viki said...

They are the cutest little one year olds ever! I would have loved to be at church with them. What a big smile that scene brings.

Unknown said...

All I can say is 1, 2 Boink!!! :) I can confirm that they are just as adorable as they look...Rene said double lovins!!!