Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Castle Howard

Adventure Playground
The teepee in the background was a latter with five levels of landings. One slide (the metal tubes) on the third level and a taller slide on the fourth level. There were several other neat toys, like a four way teeter tauter, a four way bouncy tire swing, jumping stones that each beeped a different tone as they were compressed....umm, guess we should've taken more pictures.
Gardens

Statues - I think the girls learned (if they didn't already know) what the difference between boys and girls were. There may have been over a hundred naky statues throughout the castle and gardens.

cool merman fountain (the "women" flocked)

Merman fountain from a distance.

one of the bedrooms

Looking down from the second floor

Their own chapel within the castle

Artwork completely out of shells

Panaramic (at least the best our digital could take) of the castle

Castle Howard has been the home of part of the Howard family for more than 300 years. Castle Howard is a stately home in North Yorkshire, England, 15 miles (24 km) north of York. One of the grandest private residences in Britain, most of it was built between 1699 and 1712.

6 comments:

Kaela said...

Looks like a cool park and an awesome castle to tour. You guys are getting the experience of a lifetime out there!!! I didn't think about the "statue education" your girls might be getting at some of these places- how funny:D Beautiful, beautiful! Love ALL of the pics!!

Anonymous said...

Sure looks like fun to me....except for all the naky people.. :) Kalysta, would you mind slowing down your growth...you get prettier everytime I see you...We're looking forward to being their for your baptism...Alina has already told her teachers she would be gone and that we are attending your baptism....great pictures guys..The twins keep reminding me of the boy twins...should be interesting for the War on the Shore reunion...will be cute to see how they all react!:)

adventure knitter said...

hey! what area do you live in?? We have some friends from work who just moved to Cheltenham for the next 6 months. Jacob and Ashley Anderson.

Ethatch said...

Okay, so that picture of you guys on the ledge of the water makes me nervous...looks like Gwen may share my apprehension! The rest of those pics are gorgeous, including the people in them! What wonderful memories you are making. And, I agree with Dick on the Kalysta growth slow down!

Ali said...

I love that Kalysta immitated each statue she saw :) And Addy independently folds her arms for every picture too :) (and then the younger ones cling onto Momma!) Too cute. What a beautiful place this looks like. In reading the above comments, I didn't know that your in-laws and Alina were going to come for Kalysta's baptism?! That is SO great! I'm so happy that she'll have other family there supporting...bummed that we are missing it and so far away- it's coming up soon! Take LOADS of pictures of her in all white :)

fagergrenfam said...

I have to admit I am a bit envious of all the fun and exciting things you guys are doing, and seeing over there. What a awesome memory! I love to see the candid shots of your beautiful girls. I get a tiny glimpse into their personalities. How cute!