Sunday, 23 August 2009

mundane

This summer has seemed to fly by yet be a little boring. Sure, we went to Castle Howard. But I think the difference is that we did something every week last summer. Or maybe I was more busy last summer as I was still nursing the twins. Beau's car is a bit out of commission with a gas leak, so we haven't made too many outing plans (besides the fact that I imagine the worst scenarios taking place with the 5 under my own charge) So a little too much t.v. watching takes place. There - you now have my confession of my lack of blog posts too. Television is also my buying power to get help around the house. They have to do two jobs (besides their own getting ready/cleaning rooms) in order to watch two hours.
We've even resorted to acting out shows we've watched, or entertaining each other with qoutes from them.

Sorry, no pictures of Adders. She is her usual better at finding things to entertain herself/can't quite sit as still as the others. At the beginning of the break I thought I was going to die for as many times as she asked to "recycle" boxes/containers/jars/garbage into art projects. Now it's just continual wanting to ask neighbors over.

3 comments:

Ethatch said...

Thanks for the updates Sherrill,,,love those little english accents. They are growing up SO quickly!!! I can't believe it! That video on Kalysta's blog is great too! Did she video that herself? Quite the girl! Sorry we missed our talk this weekend, maybe sometime this week. We're at Viki's now until Labor day weekend.
Love you all!

Kaela said...

Holy perfect accent Gwenny! Can't wait to hear them first in person some day:) Love this update!!! Sometimes I think it's nice to have a quiet summer.

Ali said...

Who is Gwen acting like? That accent is just to sweet to hear...it's music to my ears! I agree with Kaela...I hope I have many quiet summers in my future. I like mundane and quiet :) Although, getting out is good too- just not as much as most do!