Thursday, 18 March 2010

Date night/Bake Sale

Kalysta and Ady got a guinea pig at school! So their class is having a bake sale to raise money for it.

Both of their names were the most popular and got chosen for the guinea pigs. Ady thought of "Tilly" and Kalysta and another girl decided on "Ginger" (that's what they call red hair here, and apparently the red headed one's name is now Ginger)

I guess we were getting creative juice flowing in our house lately cause after the kids went to bed Beau and I went a little crazy with the rice krispy treats and cupcakes that we'll be donating to the school tomorrow.

The cupcakes are black bottom cream cheese chocolate with cream cheese frosting (I love sisterscafe.blogspot.com's recipes) and the bunnies are rice krispy treats made with strawberry marshmallow (and the leftover cream cheese frosting) and the cupcakes are normal rice krispy treats with half the rice krispies being fruity pebbles cereal (and the leftover cream cheese frosting)

I'm so glad my husband loves food as much as me and isn't afraid to cook or outdo me in cooking (I kill rice krispy treats, not patient enough for slow cooking marshmallows). Turned out to be a fun unintentional date night. (can you tell it's past 11 and I'm getting wordy)

4 comments:

Ethatch said...

Very impressive treats there! Wish I could go to their school and buy some, I love rice krispie treats! And a big shout out to Kalysta and Ady for having their names chosen for the guinea pigs--way to think ladies!

Ali said...

That guinea pig is a memory they'll always have I'm sure. I never forgot the pets my teachers had for the class. SO fun! I love your little bunny krispy treats- so cute!

Matt & Viki said...

Great treats! Hey, have you heard...you can make rice krispies in the microwave? Yes sirree! much faster, less patience required. I would not have the patience to do the great frosting on top.

Kaela said...

Move over Martha!! Those are so cute!!! Congrats to Kalysta and Ady on having their names chosen! Looks like they have good taste in names like their parents;)