So Beau took the camera to Barcelona while he had some classes for work. Little did we know the volcano that happened in Iceland would have him away indefinately. His Dad is stuck here indefinately also. Beau left as his Dad was visiting so every morning the youngest say "Daddy paim, Ganpa work" Because Daddy left to go to Spain and Grandpa left to go to work all within 24 hours of each other. One morning Aubry was missing Grandpa and asked "Ganpa back Auby houf" She wanted Grandpa to come back to Aubry's house. Well she will be getting her wish today. And hopefully by train or plane we will see Daddy. He has a spot on a plane Monday if things are up and running.
In the meantime, families in the ward have come through for us once again. One (the Howells) have 2 little girls Gwen and the twins age. Invited us to a picnic and a lamb walk. Very FUN! Aubry held my hand the whole time and was very concerned for all the sad baby animals finding their mommy's. Emmy was gathering sticks and rocks, refusing to hold my hand, and screamed when we saved the chickens from he chase. She's such a hoot.
Then, while I was out, we're out of the groceries Beau stocked us with before he left. So one of the families that was with us (the DeJulio's) live by the base. I asked if I could have the babies nap there while I got groceries. I did my duty. When I came back, she was sure they were asleep and offered for me to fill and reorganize her fridge with my 12-2 litre milk containers and chat there while they slept then we'd go back to the Howells for a weiny roast. That was fun having an adult to chat to. (Her husband is stuck in MD right now with this ash) Well an hour before we were to meet at the weiny roast I went to check on the twins. OH MY. They did a number that I'd never seen before. Let's just say they didn't sleep and they were in a game/craft/guest room combination. I felt sooo horrible. This girl had already had a bad morning, was missing and worried about her husband, has a nursing baby, a toddler 6 months older than mine and a daughter Gwen's age. Now a completely demolished guest room. I tried to clean up as much as we could in the half hour before it was time to go, but I'm almost thinking of a gift certificate to a craft store is in order to replenish all the craft supply/stickers that were spread everywhere. What would you do?
2 comments:
Life is full of adventure, isn't it Sherrill!?! Sure hope that ash settles down and you can get your family on a less 'eventful' track. Guess I know now, how to prepare a sleeping room for the twins this summer! :)
I never would have thought ash from a volcano would be keeping Beau from returning- kind of nice that his Dad is stuck there, though! That's super cute that Aubreyelle would ask for him :)
Oh no about that craft room! I'm sure a gift certificate would be a would be a nice "I'm sorry" gift, but at the same time- i'm sure she completely understands three little ones herself...what a week for you both!
Post a Comment