Friday, 7 May 2010

differances

Would you think that less mature two year olds would already seem to be seeking their own identities?
Aubryelle/Aubzy/aubry-bec/Aubrysmelle/Aubrysmellabella/Aub/Aubry
Em/Emzy/Emmibelle/Embastink/Emmy/EmberlyBelle

I would think 2 years old was too young for trying to be different from your twin. At least if you met mine they seem like they shouldn't be mature enough to be different, but...

Emmy is better at saving her #1 for her potty treats, and Aubry would prefer her stinkies in the toilet.

Emmy will not hold my hand on walks (especially to school everyday) and collects sticks and rocks along the way.

Aubry prefers holding my hand on walks and could care less about sticks and rocks but collects flowers.
When we went on a lamb walk Emberly loved chasing the chickens willy nilly everywhere.
Aubry kept hold of my hand and kept saying specific animals were sad and that they needed their mommies.
Emberly screams when you put her to bed.
When you wake Aubry up (from her nap to pick the girls up from school) She puts herself back to bed if she still feels tired.
When we went away for the weekend Aubry kept asking about "Aubie's Houf" or Aubry's house.
When we pulled up to our driveway after the weekend Emberly SCREAMED wanting to go back to the hotel.
If you have a spare minute Aubry brings you a book, and Emmy runs and teases.
Of course they seem to switch places every three weeks, so if you read this post for the first time in three weeks, switch the names around.

See, on these matters, I don't think it's finding their identity.
On their sameness - Beau is having a harder time spotting their physical differences. I checked on them one night and Emberly had crawled into Aubry's bed. I have to split them cause they move too much in their sleep and kick each other. I picked one of them up to put her in Emberly's bed but had to put her back and grab the other one. I still wasn't sure until I could make out the folded ear in the darkness.

With each child it's amazing to witness spirits that were formed in heaven coming with their own unique spirits - even twins with shared DNA.

4 comments:

Ethatch said...

Darling, but I would say they both have a little 'mischief' in their grins and eyes!

Ali said...

You definitely have your work cut out for you Sherrill! Sometimes I think that I'm starting to understand Evan more and I know what works for his personality in certain situations, but if I had to know what worked for his personality, AND the opposite of his personality at the same time- I don't think I could!! My oh my. Jeff always jokes and teases me about how we are going to have twin girls next (in the very distant future), and he does it just to exhaust my mind and make me frustrated cause I can not even imagine. Seriously, our future "twin girls" are mentioned by him at least once a week- ie; me-"Evan is such a cutie" Jeff- "Just wait until you see the twins!" ---it's becoming a constant in our house and it's his way of getting to me!

Matt & Viki said...

So Cute! I love that we can come to know them through posts like this. Thanks!

Kaela said...

How funny that they flip flop! Twin dynamics are too fun!! Keep these personality profiles up!!!