Saturday, 8 May 2010

Do you want to see.....

one of the only completely moated manor houses left in England?
Welcome to Markenfield Hall! (they have a website if you want to see more)
People actually live here and only open it a couple weeks, a couple hours in the spring for tours.
Beau loves huge libraries in houses and I love the wooden spindles on this staircase.
Wait, I though Alligators were supposed to be in Moats! Well one of these is a male swan who is quite territorial right now as his wife is protecting her eggs. There were warnings, and we were walking on a hill above them and he started to get out of the water. Intruders BEWARE! We got off the hill quickly.


It was probably built, oh, around about 1280.
Orchards to your right.


This "flat Stanley" shot will be coming your way Conner!


After 15 minutes at a new park before this, touring the inside and going on a little walk on the outside, then going to a ward members house for a Cinco de Mayo party, several of us felt like Emberly here.

(This is actually a common Emberly face as of late.)

5 comments:

Ethatch said...

What wonderful experiences you are having there--you don't know it yet, but you too little Em! Can I be Flat Stanley and travel with you in Kalysta's pocket instead of an airplane? Lovely that you took him along! Beautiful!

Ali said...

That's a great face:) So what's the story behind flat stanley? Is it kind of like that bear I had in grade school that traveled on Grandma Thatcher's mission? So I wouldn't have thought of it, but a protective swan could be MORE dangerous than an alligator cause it can FLY. Yikes. I'd keep my distance too!

Matt & Viki said...

So Pretty! I always pictured castles with moats being more scary and dangerous looking.

Kaela said...

Love Emberly's cute little pout at the end there! Loooove the castle pictures too- what a dream it seems like you are living there sometimes:) I must say it brings me comfort to see that castle standing and people living in it when it was built sooooo long ago. And I thought my house was old!

Rachel said...

So cool that people live there. What an awesome place that is. Lucky. :)