Thursday, 9 December 2010

Nativity=busy birthday

The school nativity was scheduled on my birthday which would've normally been good (well it was still good - just busy) But Beau had to reschedule a disciplinary council because of the snow and his brain (for bishopric scheduling) is still in the mail (hopefully it works as his brain - he bought equivillant to an i-phone without the phone. He's not here or he'd tell us exactly what it was. We didn't want to sign a phone contract though in case we're not here for much longer.) Anyways he didn't realize he was scheduling it on my birthday and the nativity. So he got off early to attend the 1:30 showing. Luckily he remembered the camera. I put the twins down for naps so they would last for the 6:30 showing that we (our family minus Beau) would be attending.

So the girls got home from school and Beau coached Kalysta through putting a frozen lasagne in. Did you know those take nearly 2 hours to cook? Kalysta also made a salad (tomato - cut by herself, and lettuce) and cooked broccoli. By the time we ate it was 6 though. So we rushed through Happy Birthday and Beau and I ate a slice of the ice cream cake he brought home. The kids had to wait until after their performance though.

They performed SO WELL (if I do say so myself) I'm not sure I'll ever get over my kids eagerness to perform and how brave and bold they are when they do perform. In our haste to get out the door I forgot the camera. But in the evening part Kalysta sang her part solo (which was probably actually better than the video you see cause she may have belted it more.) And Ady's solo dance lasted for a good 15 seconds but Beau in his filming didn't even know she was doing this.

Then we rushed home, shoved ice cream cake down the kids faces, and put them to bed. I talked to Kaela and Viki on the phone and Beau got home. By the time I talked to those two sisters though it was past my bed time. So that was our celebration day and a half. WHEW!

So proud of my girls, and so grateful that the school they go to can practice religion FREELY! The twins behaved fairly well through it all too. They just wanted to ask why about every little thing at full volume. (Another joy of twins - think of how toddlers learn to ask why about everything! Times that by two. Add in "What did Aubry/Emmy say?" Why?" Exhausting!)

3 comments:

Ali said...

Talk about a birthday on the run! I'm glad the performance went smoothly despite the million questions... :) Ya, that sounds exhausting for sure. Evan is still not talking but if I don't respond to his jibberish or if he thinks I'm not listening he gets SO mad. I can only imagine how much worse it's going to get once he starts making sense! Cute, but tiring:)

I hope you can enjoy your cake leftovers more slowly throughout the week!

Ethatch said...

Thanks for taking the time to share all of that...you have good reason to be proud of those little cherubs' performing--they must get that from Beau's side of the family! Well done girls! Once again Kalysa, I love your haircut!
And happy birthday Sherrill! It will probably be a birthday to be remembered for it's busy-ness and the wonderful performances. A tribute to their great mom!
Hope you get some time today to relax and celebrate!
Love you.

Kaela said...

I felt so privileged getting to talk to you on such a busy birthday!! Thanks for taking time to catch me up!!! As always, we sooo miss you and are so thankful for todays technology to keep us as connected as we are. So glad you had a good birthday!! And way to go girlies on another awesome production!!! I sooo look up to you:)