I am amazed you still have the clock! It is amazing how hard it is to get rid of things people you love and are gone have given you. I had an alarm clock that Grandma/pa gave me and I just got rid of it 2 yrs ago because it started making a buzzing sound constantly. It was warped and funny looking for 5 years though.
Niiiiice!! It is SO hard to get rid of things with any sentimental value for me. I always have to remind myself that the memories will always be with me and if the item relates to a specific person (like grandma) I have to remind myself of what else I may have from her to justify letting this one thing go. I think you made the some good choices here though:)
Aw, I remember that clock!! Funny how long we hold onto things...I have way too much of stuff like this. But I think it's genius to TAKE A PICTURE, and then let it go. The picture will always remind you of the good memories and the good people tied to whatever it is that you want to keep.
3 comments:
I am amazed you still have the clock! It is amazing how hard it is to get rid of things people you love and are gone have given you. I had an alarm clock that Grandma/pa gave me and I just got rid of it 2 yrs ago because it started making a buzzing sound constantly. It was warped and funny looking for 5 years though.
Niiiiice!! It is SO hard to get rid of things with any sentimental value for me. I always have to remind myself that the memories will always be with me and if the item relates to a specific person (like grandma) I have to remind myself of what else I may have from her to justify letting this one thing go. I think you made the some good choices here though:)
Aw, I remember that clock!! Funny how long we hold onto things...I have way too much of stuff like this. But I think it's genius to TAKE A PICTURE, and then let it go. The picture will always remind you of the good memories and the good people tied to whatever it is that you want to keep.
Post a Comment