Wednesday, 24 August 2011

The Forbidden Corner

I don't know if you remember 2 summers ago when Beau took a day off each week for a summer activity (or "staycation")? There is still so much to do in our neck of these here woods that we're doing the same this year. This week he took us to The Forbidden Corner. SO COOL
You walk through this (below) Gorilla's mouth and there is a 5 foot by 3 foot rubber uvula that you touch and a burping sound echos through the tunnel (his body) that you walk through to enter. Then there are bush mazes, and a castle with different types of wonky mazes that have doors you open either leading to another different wonky tunnel with uneven floors and tilted walls and door frames tilted every which way. Some doors you open and there's another door that's locked behind it. Another door we opened had a skeleton behind it. One pathway we went through had a floor board that was like it was on a motorized (fairly slow) lazy susan.
The maps you see the girls holding had different structures to look out for in no particular order. These bears playing cards was one of the first structures we happened upon.

The water below this guy was bubbling. There was a path of water in one area that you had to step on stones to get through. One of the stones would set off spraying water to try to get you. There were also statues with sensors. One of the sensors spewed water from a musical instrument a statue was playing. And of course british humor - there was a statue of a naked little boy that had a water sensor too. Gwen felt relieved that she only got sprayed at the musical instrument and not at the little boy. Like the little boys water was actually contaminated or something.
At the top of this castle structure, you head down a spiral staircase to all these dark tunnel mazes.
Views from the top.
These deer were one of the items on the map that you were supposed to find.
The giant
This is the bottom of a massive actual tree and not just a man made structure.

5 comments:

Ali said...

Whoa. Cool for kids, but I think I'd get sicked out by a burping sound inside that thing! Emberly's or Aub's hair in that last pic is gorgeous.

Kaela said...

Kaden says, "I want to go to there!" Haha! I do too!!! I think staycations in England are alot cooler than staycations in Cache Valley, but I love them regardless!! What a great plan. Cool cool stuff!!!

Kaela said...

Love the cute video and music too!

Ethatch said...

Way fun! Hope we can import some comparable fun before you move back to the states.

Matt & Viki said...

That is even cooler that the last place! I so want to be there, my kids would LOVE IT! thanks for sharing pics so we can vicariously visit.