Brimham Rocks
Started off a bit shaky. Beau HAD to buy ice cream to get change for parking and sent me up with these crazed climbing girls. They were off. I knew I had to follow them so they didn't go over any drop offs. Well, this rock doesn't seem too daunting, but with it being slightly mossy I totally biffed it and maybe as it develops I will share with you the glory of my bruised leg and hand. This made Ady (our most enthusiastic climber) a bit more leery and me even more scared with a slightly sick feeling of what kind of damage my children could do to themselves in this climbing wonderland.Since I am my mothers worrying daughter I just kept thinking "No earthquakes, please no earthquakes"
Those balls in the distance is actually where Beau works. They are radomes. They protect satellite dishes.
Highest point marker for the area. We've been to the highest point marker in our little town too.
Emmy felt so proud to have found her own little seat and thought she may be able to stay forever there. (or maybe knew once she gave up her post, others would quickly steal it)
"Planking"
The END
5 comments:
Beautiful---looks like a fun day out, too! I had to laugh because I scrolled down slowly and before I came to your comment on the one where the girls were peeking between the stack of rocks...my thoughts were "Well that would be dangerous in an earthquake!" Sorry, for giving you my worry ways.
Such great pictures and yet another FABULOUS adventure. The majority of these pictures made me think of dinosaurs oddly enough- to me the landscape just looks like dinosaurs belong there- maybe because it is portrayed in books as being similar? Gorgeous rock formations and greenerie!!!! Love your cute fam and all of their cute poses too. Heal fast! Where were those pictures you mentioned you might share? Beau's work looks so space-agy off in the distance. What a fun contrast- Dinoland with a futuristic looking plant not too far off. Okay, so clearly I'm a little crazy:)
What a fun day! Glad there were no more injuries.
Hhmmm...I want to lay on that rock Kalysta is relaxing on. She makes that look luxurious. I want a nap.
...what a fun day! (despite the fall) Thanks for sharing these.
I want to live where you live! Amazing. I can't believe how big the girls are!
Post a Comment