Thursday, 5 January 2012

unicorns and butterflies

Photography - thanks to Kalysta.
cheesy rice krispy treat hanging butterflies, decorations, and food - thanks to mom/me
tent full of balloons (ball pit) - thanks to dad
This is something that was at another party that they wanted to have at theirs.
Aubry wanted a unicorn party/cake, and Emmy wanted butterflies. Beau was ashamed that I made them share a cake. Oops. They didn't mind this year, but it may be the last year I can get away with it.

Don't rainbows fit with butterflies and unicorns?

I scheduled the party during work hours so it didn't take away from others family time, it was on their actual birthday, and school was out for everyone still anyways. This meant though that Beau/dad was at work . Beau felt bad about that. Even worse was when he was leaving for work Emberly hugged him goodbye and said "my party won't be as fun without you" Guess who was guilted into coming home for a couple of hours in the middle of his day.

Those in attendance - DeGiulios (Liz/Mom, Emeline, Jarom, Wes), The Smiths (Gemma/Mom, Scarlett, Jessica, and 3 week old Sophie), Angie(mom) Anderson and Winter, Maia Howell.
For some reason I was able to frost a unicorn for the cake, but on paper it was impossible. The girl at the table in the tutu's mom (Emily Howell) painted pin the horn on the unicorn for us. So cute huh?
Painting a Happy Birthday Aubry and Emmy banner.

Reaping the rewards of the unicorn pinata.
oops, Aubry was supposed to blow out the unicorn candles and Emmy the butterfly (Emmy noticed our mistake of which side they blew out the candles on)
Loving remote control train. Who knew the littles love little animal figures and dolls. The oldest three didn't. Now thanks to friends party gifts I know "the littles" enjoy them.
I don't know how people who drink manage when the party's over. I was so tired and went to bed early. So I'm sorry I didn't get this posted on my actual day.

No comments: