Friday, 1 May 2009

Future Sister Missionary

So Beau felt that maybe the babies were getting a bit more face time than others. The latest on this one? Wanted to bring the Friend magazine for show and tell to a Church of England school no less. So at show and tell time when it was Kalysta's turn, Annabelle spoke up guessing that Kalysta's item was a magazine for American's. So she told her class that it's not just any magazine. It's one that gives her messages about how to be nice and friendly. And that there are still living prophets on the earth. Everyone said "Really?" Kate said "What are prophets?" Kalysta told them "They're like Adam and Eve." Then Ben said "Which one was it Eve or Adam?" So she said "It can only be boys who are prophets." Then Annabelle said "Maybe I was wrong, maybe it's really interesting." So Kalysta said "It's quite fun to read it every night." Miss Scott said "I need to look at that sometime, it sounds really interesting." So Kalysta showed them the Matt and Mandy page, then a full page picture of Christ with children. Then she felt warm inside and knew Heavenly Father was happy with her. (narrated in part by Kalysta)

5 comments:

Ethatch said...

WOW!--no need for the word 'future' in that post...I'd say she's quite the missionary already.
Kalysta, I'm glad you've found the Friend magazine to be such a good friend, I really enjoyed it when I was a young girl too. My favorite entry was 'Barnaby and Bumbleberry.' I don't think it's in there anymore, but it was funny stories of the troubles that Barnaby and Bumbleberry got into.
What a cute picture of her too--quite the little sweetheart
Love you all,
Grandma T

Kaela said...

Way to go Kalysta!!! That is so awesome! What a beauty she is too- great picture!!

Ali said...

What a GREAT show and tell! She IS a future missionary! You guys are doing so great with her. She dosen't just get that without instruction- good job. She's beautiful (inside AND out!)

Matt & Viki said...

That is GREAT!! What an Example she is. You must be a proud mom and dad.

Anonymous said...

I suspect the Lord already has her serving a full time mission...way to go Kalysta....you've made us all proud! Remind me to tell you the story about after joining the church and going back to college I took a speech class and spoke on "Why The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" is the only true church on earth.. :) Promise you I got a number of looks... HA!
Well Done Girl!