Thursday, 14 May 2009

regrets

I think especially as women we never feel perfect or I think I may always have regrets. I've heard somebody say before, "I never have regrets, just times when I've learned to do something other ways." I wish I could say that about my cleaning desires, and my patience and my responses to the kids.However, as much as Aubry regrets getting her foot stuck in this little people car, I don't regret the hundreds of little people toys we have. Even Kalysta and Ady still play with them. So if you're a new mom or looking for a gift for someone with little ones, I don't think you could go wrong with little people. (our mega blocks seem to have the same charm also)I really don't regret having, buying, bringing with us, loads of books either. I adore children's books!
I really think I some how need to ingrain this quote into my life right now. Anybody have a tape player with auto replay I can use while I sleep?
"Too frequently, women underestimate their influence for good. Well could you follow the formula given by the Lord: 'Establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God' (D&C 88:119)."In such a house will be found happy, smiling children who have been taught, by precept and example, the truth. In a Latter-day Saint home, children are not simply tolerated, but welcomed; not commanded, but encouraged; not driven, but guided; not neglected, but loved."Thomas S. Monson, "The Spirit of Relief Society," Ensign, May 1992, 101–2

4 comments:

Ali said...

That's quite the swirl of curl on the back of (her?) head! I love it! Thanks for the little people advice...I'll have to start garage sale searching for those- think I'll have any luck? Cute video.

Ethatch said...

Cute video! I keep trying to figure out whose bed they are on--Gwen's?

Also on regrets--I really like that advice on turning a regret into a learning experience and future positive action. I'd never thought of regrets that way, but I'll have to start!

Kaela said...

What a good mama you are! Great quote- definitely one to be displayed and referred to often! Thanks for the motherly insight on regrets and the likes too- keep it coming- your wisdom continues to amaze and inspire me:)

Unknown said...

Regrets? If you live long enough you'll forget you ever had any! :)))