All in all we did alright at home. I actually ventured grocery shopping on my own with the babies for the first time ever. O.K. the first huge grocery trip. I usually will pick a few items here and there that fit into the bottom of our double stroller and since Beau works near the commisarry he brings the $200 stock home weekly. ( 22 L. of milk, 9 boxes of cereal, 5 lb.s of hamburger, 5 lb.s of chicken, a roast, 10 lb's of cheese, and 2 packs of diapers - to give you an idea of how full and heavy the cart is) So I had Aubry on a leash and Emmy in the cart. Aubry only knocked down one row of spray deoderants. Then on Sunday we stayed home from church because we had a couple of coughy kids. Aubry did her usual climbing onto the window ledge but came down the hard way this time. I think she knicked her forehead above her brow on the radiater. I guess it's a known bleeding place and bleed it did. I had blood on my arms dripping onto my skirt. She had it in her hair above her ear, a pool on the floor and I was tense at first because the blood had filled her eye socket area. I had visions of a monster cut in her eye or no eyball at all. But the blood had just pooled there. I was envisioning hauling the six of us to the emergency room and ending up with a half blind child.
I do believe we had heavenly help through the week because it was quite mellow and uneventful besides these events and we made it through. Beau also stocked me with "Australia" , "The Secret Life of Bees", "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and "Bride Wars", all of which I thouroughly enjoyed after the kids were in bed. Now we'll see if we can get Beau on here to talk about what fun times he had without us. Maybe I'll post pictures of some of the compensation shopping spree goods I got. I certainly am spoiled, and we certainly feel blessed to even be able to have Beau fly out for this fun time. I think 75% of his cousins were there. And just so you realize how close they are to each other, all of the cousins, family and grandparents lived in a large farm house in Ohio for several years together until he was 8 years old. I really do need to get him on here even to post memories of those days. They are some of the kids favorite bed time stories.
You should have seen when he walked in the door. It was like we got backstage tickets to Hannah Montana or something. Kids were tripping over kids to get to him first. Emberly got pulled out of the pit first, then Aubry wasn't sure what to do. She started crawling through the crowd and then when he acknowledged her she did this funny backwards scoot on her belly all the way from the front door back to the kitchen entry door. Good to have you back "rockstar"!.JPG)
6 comments:
We're happy things went so well for all of you, and that Beau got to go. Great pictures he brought back too. Love the description of the week. 'Happy days are here again!'
Awww... cute post!! I am glad everything went so well for both of you. All of those movies you got are the best too, and you got some shopping out of it?! I think I need to send Paul away for awhile and see what I can get out of it:) Hope Aubry heals up fast and those coughs clear up soon!
A bleeder it is, I'd say! Wow, your description sounds like a scene off of a horror film! I'm so sorry! I'm glad other than that, you survived! So nice to let Beau go and so nice he got to get out! Did you love "The Secret Life of Bees"? It is one of my favorites I think.
Appreciated Beau doing the driving to visit his Grandparents on the Neal side...I know they loved to see him...Did "Australia" bring a tear to your eyes or what? Much better than I thought it would be..(minus one word) GRR...Appreciate Sherrill making the sacrifice to let Beau come...Was a total surprise to all of us...Glad all the girls survived..do you ever wonder how any of us ever survived out childhoods? :))
Love the welcome home rock concert description. What a great scene it sounds like.
I'm so glad when daddy comes home, glad as i can be! I clap my hands and shout for joy an climb upon his knee....I'm glad you survived w/out Beau.
Post a Comment