Tuesday, 28 July 2009

one of those days

The girls are really enjoying their swimming lessons. They do 30 minutes every day this week, off next week, then 30 min. 5 days the following week. The two oldest have already progressed to no floaties or kick boards. And Gwen? She can now go neck deep with the teacher holding her. Then today we went to the park afterwards. Kalysta wanted a picnic so bad that she made and packed EVERYONES lunches yesterday.

Beau just visited the Dr. saying Gwen's blood test she took last week came back as an all clear for wheat! They also tested it for tree nuts (and NOT peanuts, grr) but she's not allergic to tree nuts just in case we were concerned.

What more could you ask for? The picnic just kind of felt like one of those moments you had envisioned what motherhood would be about. haha (as the house cleaned itself? )

Oh, and here's my hair in those curlers.
Yah, I'm not so good at getting a hair shot. The only downside to the curlers is that I would just like to figure out how to get them to set without having to sleep on them or going around all day looking like medusa. I'm pretty sure I saw that you can use them with perm solution, but I like the versatility of mostly straight sometimes curly. (sorry for all the girl talk dad's who may be reading this.) But as long as we're on the subject of things girly, I found a reason (besides finances, and the girls schooling, and Beau loving his job, and his free gym workouts, and our larger house) I would be sad to leave England http://longtallsally.com/. (they do ship to America and take US dollars though, so I'll be back, no worries. It's just a bit more pricey from that side of the pond.)

4 comments:

Ethatch said...

Cute hair Sherrill! And that Kalysta is quite the little organizer, isn't she. Like the link to Long Tall Sally, too, but I need one for Long Tall, Fat Sally...any ideas? :)

Ali said...

I love it! I'd be tempted to picnic everyday just so she'd pack it?! How long you think that'd last?

Oh, and I love your hair curled too- you are a babe:)

Kaela said...

Love your hair! Love the picnic! Sooo glad that Gwen's allergies are getting better (what are tree nuts/ are they used much over there?). And way to go Kalysta making everyones lunches!!! ... there certainly seem to be a lot of positives to living in England. I hope you can find as many positives to living back here. Family outweighs some of those combined right? :)

Anonymous said...

Sherrill, you're looking good, and Kalysta you can come and organize a picnic here for us anytime...great picture with all the girls eating...I guess now I can give Gwen the Sacrament...:) and who test for tree nuts....double grrrrrr... :) Love ya's