Tuesday, 8 September 2009

I can now honestly say, I've seen London, I've seen France.

Now you too will get a glimpse through Beau's eyes, as he was generally the cameraman.
We stayed here. I'd recommend it. It was historical and could house our large family with 4 single beds and two porta cribs
Party!

On our way to church, through Hyde Park. Hyde park chapel - pretty amazing. It had a few elaborate visitor center displays in the forier.


British Museum-If you're wondering what any of the things below are, you're not alone. I didn't know about alot of them. But I don't want to admit my ignorance, so wiki what you want.

Ancient Egypt
Rosetta Stone
Beau lookin hot! Too bad a certain child took the shot and missed the sculpture above us and made our shot a little blury to boot.
Nuff said.
FREEDOM. They were in their strollers alot of the time, which if you've tried to hold a 20 month old down you know it can only last so long.
Mummy's. Kalysta studied ancient Egypt last year, so these were pretty cool.
Another outside shot of the British Museum

Buckingham Palace.
Cool gates in front of said palace.
Loads of people waiting for the changing of the guards which never happen on an odd day. 30 minutes later - sure wish there were signs saying it wasn't happening on this odd day and we didn't have to hear about it from someone else who heard it from a "bobby" (cop)

Said palace beyond the gates
several fascinating coaches
Coronation carriage

Big Ben which actually is the name for the chimes and not the clock

London eye
Not sure of the artist, but he got permission for live people to be his art. For one hundred days, every hour, 24/7, somebody new gets lifted up to this podium to be on display. This girl with the baloons should've made a better choice of underwear as she was bending and setting things up. Though I'm glad we just got a glimpse as opposed to the nudists who have also been on display.

Tower bridge. Apparently so many people think this is the London bridge since it's so ornate and in London, but the actual London Bridge is quite plain and ordinary. This picture is taken from the London Bridge on top of our open top double decker bus

Tower bridge.
Why do I find some bridges so fascinating?
Closer London eye shot.


We've always wanted to see London and I am SOOO glad we waited until Beau's parents and sister were here to help with our "crowd" control. The streets were crazy! to say the least. Think 10 x's worse than D.C. Luckily the crime is quite a bit less. I felt significantly safer there than in D.C. I think the no gun's law makes a HUGE difference.


6 comments:

Kathleen Allison said...

What a wonderful opportunity for you and your family. I love the pix and of course the kids are as cute as ever!!

Ali said...

I love how your girls are getting anatomy lessons in the most cultural way! :) If I had to choose a way, that would be it! Too funny. Beau is one lucky guy - to see things through his eyes, he has a hot wife, beautiful girls and quite the cultural experiences :)

Kaela said...

Ha! I love Kalysta's face in that picture with the statue... and the one with the twins enjoying freedom for a bit. I can't get over that you guys are all experiencing all of this!! So AWESOME! Glad you were able to have some help too. And I am with Ali- Beau is one lucky guy:)

Ethatch said...

Awesome...is all I can say. What a great experience you all are having. Who would have thought that our rocking chair queen would be the world traveler!!!

fagergrenfam said...

Now that you've seen London and France who's underpants have you seen??? Sorry to regress...Ha Ha! I couldn't resist. I am jealous that you saw the coronation carriage. (I have a secret not so secret obsession w/the royals) I agree with Kaela I love Kalysta's face in front of the statue. Priceless!!

Mary Kay said...

I'm so glad you got to see London. All your pictures bring back soooooo many memories. What a wonderful city!