Friday, 18 September 2009

Kalysta's cleaner than clean!

Kalysta was born knowing rules and following them. Forever an example at school and to her family. Two years ago at an assembly, she got an award for her wise advice at circle time, where they would daily discuss things that were in the fore front of her peers mind (that was kindergarten, or year 1 here). She now has gotten awards for taking over for teachers at times when the teacher needs to leave. When she was a toddler, she would recognize when she was getting frustrated and raise her voice to me and say "I go time out!" and would go to her room for several minutes while she calmed down and would come out ready to be adorable again.The girl is mostly angel. But she was so excited to become even more perfect by being baptized.
She's an example to me even now. She has been so eager to get baptized. I made 14 invitations for her baptism and she handed them all out to her peers at school. (If only we were all so eager for missionary work) Her neighbor friend Kate was able to attend (Kates mom and sister were "gutted" they wouldn't be able to make it) and another little girl from her school and her mom were there as well. I truly wish I could've hired a photographer and caterer so that everything would've gone as I envisioned. I would've liked to have had a picture of her with her friends there, not to mention a family picture. Maybe that's why we were blessed with multiple children. Heavenly Father knew we wouldn't get it right the first time. Luckily our first child is so patient and forgiving. The talks were given by her grandfather (Beau's dad) and Aunt (Beau's 13 year old sister). Of course they did an excellent job. Beau's Mom filled in as caterer. I really wish I could've let her relax and helped Kalysta get dressed and had time to get everything done in the kitchen. And there were maybe 15 families that came from the ward too. We certainly felt loved, and more importantly, we felt the Spirit there.
September 13, 2009

5 comments:

Kaela said...

Awww... this brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet tribute to angel Kalysta!! I will always cherish the time I was able to spend with her as a baby and toddler when we lived close and continue to be amazed by her! Happy Birthday and Happy Baptism Day! Love and miss you (especially on special days like this that are so sad to not be there for)!!!!

Ali said...

I love that she put her own self in time out as a baby...who does that? Only an angel like sweet Kalysta ;) I love the pictures, and I'm happy you guys had some family out there!

Ethatch said...

Thanks for sharing those....sooo wish we could have been there too. Kalysta you're beauuuuutiful! Inside and out!

adventure knitter said...

wow! i can't believe she's 8 already! She always had great comments in primary too! Congrats Kalysta!

Granma Faye said...

What a sweet girl. I can tell she's extra-special, Sherrill, and though she definitely came to you that way...I bet you've nurtured that in her, as well, and she's learned by example. Wow, I can't believe you have a child that age. But then, I guess I have grandchildren that are around that age, also. What a nice big sister and example Kalysta is to her siblings. ♥