Saturday, 9 October 2010

Ultimate Date

Since blogger doesn't allow you to click on the picture and enlarge them after you move them around, you'll have to begin this date with us at the end of our date. We ended it in this hotel........What? They have a super cool restaurant. I promise - we just ate there!
Back in July the YW were raising funds for camp and Beau bid on two babysitters for 5 hours. We finally put those girls to work!
I'm so glad too. I think this estate is most pretty as the leaves are changing color.
The next picture is of Beau with his massive clydesdale(?) that doesn't look as massive next to him.
This is just some fantastic scenery we passed on our hour long ride.
I think my horse was hungry (or else she knew I didn't really feel in control) because she kept trying to eat any greenery.

She also got spooked by a pheasant along the trail and galloped for just a second.

Now that I know we're home and safe - I had a blast. (I'm not metioning that it took 15 minutes for my teeth to stop chattering when we were done. It was a little chilly, but I think I was more nervous than Beau would've liked. He envisions our family riding all together some day. We'll see if I'm brave enough to try again.)
I sure love this adventurer of mine though. I may just adventure through his eyes.

6 comments:

Ethatch said...

Looks like a fun day, you two. I can just picture you all on a fox hunt now...any coming up soon?

Kaela said...

So cute Sherrill!! You two are the cutest!!! That does look like an absolute dream and you guys are most deserving:)

Ali said...

Horseback riding is one of those things I always dream of, and then I get up close to the horses and think "why did I want to do this?!"...it's truly intimidating and you really don't have hardly any control! The more you do it though, the more control you have I'm sure. You guys look seasoned in the hobby:) I hope to someday see a pic of your whole family on horses!! That'd be fun. :)

Matt & Viki said...

How Fun! I think I would be the same on horse back...I can just picture your nervous I am having fun laugh and chattering teeth...You painted at great picture with words.

Unknown said...

Can anyone say helmet heads? I want to go riding on my next trip..:)

Mary Kay said...

So fun! And so beautiful. I love Fall Time. I love the Halloween costumes you came up with and the face painting. Amazing! Oh, and I like the British helmets!