Hopefully Viki doesn't mind me sharing this, but I remember her patriarchal blessing saying something about her being an example or a help or something to women. Viki saved us a trip to the emergency room tonight. Also she is helping us teach our children how important math and science are. They've been asking about careers. Of course Kalysta wants to be an actress/singer. We've been trying to ease some reality into her, but Gwen wants to be a nurse. We've told her that her strong/compassionate personality would make a great nurse and that they make alot of money, but you have to do some gross hard things. She keeps saying "Viki had to do that?" YEP! Thanks Viki, for being an example to the Neal women.
So Emberly has had croup with high fevers for a couple of days. I went to check on her crying tonight and this is what I found. Luckily after calming a bit we could tell it was "just" a bloody nose.
This took 4 shampooings to get out of her hair.
Her pillow was soaked through the case halfway to the other side of the pillow. We threw it away.
What was left on her sheets, and went through the mattress protecter. (Aubry snoozing away oblivious to it all.)
Totally freaked me out, told Beau he was not allowed to leave me for 10 days this week, until all of the sicknesses are out of our house. Luckily, I have my on-call nurse/sister/friend who put us at ease. Just to give her raisins, and as long as it wasn't still bleeding (hospital could cauterize it) she probably wouldn't need a visit to the hospital. Whew! Not what I want to do at 10:30 tonight. Thanks again Viki! Soo Soo Much!
6 comments:
Oh my, that is a shocking sight! Poor little tyke, was she freaked out? I hope she (you all) get over this virus quickly! Does she get nosebleeds often? Do they give flu shots over there? Dad and I had ours a couple of weeks ago after Matt had a bad bout with sickness while in CA. Cuddle that little lady up good for us too!
Wow! I hope everything is still going better and no one else gets this cold. Especially with Beau gone for so long. Conner is my nose bleeder, whenever he is on the tail end of the cold he seems to get nose bleeds quite often. BTW, I would definitely do the flu shot over the flu mist. I did the mist last week and got a cold because it is the live virus...granted it is a small version of the flu, but the shot is the dead virus and won't make you sick. I got the shot for the kids, despite it taking a nurse to give the shot, and me and another nurse to hold her down....aye yi yi!
To think I was complaining about Kaden wetting the bed last night?! I don't know what I would do if I saw that!! I didn't know raisins helped bloody noses! I had a lot of bloody noses when I was little but thankfully hardly ever get them any more (knock on wood). Hope you are able to somehow find ways to have fun and relax a little while Beau's gone- sorry he has to be gone so long. Does that mean you get to enjoy some online shopping or something along those lines ;)?
How horrific!! Oh, how scary!! Evan heard me listening to a video and came running in to see it and I had to quickly hide it from him- it's too sad! I'm glad that's all it was, but sad that you had to see it all and her too! Viki's saved me some serious worry often times too (thanks viki)...in fact, just the other day I was telling a friend how we might go to Oregon for Thanksgiving, but how I was nervous to travel during cold/flu season, but if we were to catch anything, we have a personal nurse to watch over us there anyway:) She's such a blessing!
ps- viki, you said the nurse had to help you hold "her" down-- did you mean- Tenlee?! I thought she was your most brave one and most likely to want to be an nurse??!
Should we be concerned that this happened while Beau was away? UMMM Sherrill? :) Boy, that would have spooked me big time...nice work ladies! Oh by the way, Beau left your blog open and I am just viewing as we go..so no, this isn't Beau speaking...Love ya's - G Pa Neal
How upsetting to see! I would have been freaking-out on the inside while trying really really hard to remain calm. I'm glad it was her nose and nothing more serious! Oh - and then I would have felt nauseous once it was all over.
Post a Comment