.JPG)
So this last week on a whim we put Kalysta in charge of teaching our family home evening lesson and reminded her to use a scripture story and told her we'd be there if she needed help. I saw her looking through the Gospel Art Kit and asked if she needed help finding something. She said she was looking for a story about service. As I was looking through the pictures she said "OOH how about Jesus washing the Apostles feet?" I was so impressed. So we found that picture for her. She told us that story. Asked some questions about service (mostly directed toward Ady) and wrote out things for us to act out that we drew out of a basket. Ady and I had to cook something and serve it to Gwen and Dad, Gwen & Dad had to set the table. A far better lesson than her parents have been pulling off lately. Sorry for the little boast, but I'm hoping this can be used for my posterity journalling purposes. Maybe as our teenage years of 5 from 12-18 get challenging we can pull this out and remember the love.
(picture taken on a walk from our house on a public footpath)
4 comments:
I love this picture! What an angel that little girl can be! Way to go parents!! Want a boy to raise? I would have to come live with you too because I can't really part with him, but I am not quite sure how to raise him:)
HA! I think I like the comments as much as the blog...:) That Kalysta is quite the little genius. I'm trying to figure out how Beau only had to set the table?? UMMM...we trained him well. Way to go Kalysta...looking forward to seeing you at the end of January. We sure love all of you. - Big Daddie Neal-
I would love to be there for a good FHE taught by Kalysta. It's hard to believe she came up with that all on her own...but then again, when you really think about it- It's Kalysta!!
I love this blog thing--it is so fun to keep visiting and in touch every single day. Kalysta did such a great job--I can't believe she is so grown up already. Thanks for the update on the twins yesterday Sherrill--I have dad looking for tickets for early January...we're looking forward to the time with you all and praying for a mild winter for both of us. How was Addy's FHE lesson? Has she given it yet? I bet it was great too! Do they do trick or treat and halloween over there?
Love you all,
Mom
Post a Comment