.JPG)
As I've tried to paint a picture of a perfect family, I have to say I'm getting a little worried about being entrusted with two more. On the way to picking up the girls from school, Gwen put her feet out of the stroller - to the pavement. Got her feet caught under the stroller, which pulled her out of it. It happened a little too fast for me as I was caught in conversation with the neighbor ladies, and of course I continued pushing the stroller, scraping her face. She will not let me get near it, as the gravel you see in the corner of her eye, was actually inside her eye. The neighbors were so nice though and let me take her back home and picked the girls up for me. As I got her nearer to our home and realized she wasn't going to let me do anything to it, I drove back to school to make sure pickup was o.k. Of course the neighbor girl and Kalysta had OOH's for her then started hiding behind things so they didn't have to look at her. Face wounds always seem to swell more and look worse, or maybe they're just more obvious.
Of course to begin my worries, there have been two days recently as we've left for school and in the hustle of getting lunches ready, hair done, uniforms enforced, we've left the house and the two older girls can be somewhat accountable for not wanting wear jackets etc. But I'm sure the neighbors are worried (as am I) about these two new little ones that are coming, because twice now I have forgotten a coat for Gwen, one of those times she was only in a short sleeve shirt and capris, as Kalysta picked out her outfit. I guess she did have wellies on that she had picked out herself. (pretty picture, no?)
So there, now you have it. I am not perfect. And just wait, I'm sure there will be some interesting times ahead as I loose my mind more and more as I am split in adding two more to think about.
.JPG)
8 comments:
Who is perfect? What is perfect- I think perfection is relative and you are dang close:) You're an amazing mom. Cute little Gwen- give her an extra hug and kiss for me:)
Ouch! Poor girl!
But I do have to say, it'll take more than that to shake my faith in you as a mom. You've got way more going for you than against you!
Poor little Gwen! She's one tough chick! Feeling overwhelmed and inadequate just comes with pregnancy doesn't it? Now if you weren't feeling a bit crazed, then, I'd worry. You've ran an entire primary, you can keep five little girls safe and happy.
It only happens to the best of Moms I'm sure Sherrill- Maybe adding two little ones will make it easier in a way--the girls' focus will be on the babies too and they won't worry so much about their outfits or things- they'll be figuring out how to be little mothers themselves. You are going to be great...you already ARE! Tell Gwen we hope she feels better soon! (darn those long Neal legs that can hang out of the stroller so far)
Hey Sherrill,
bumps and bruises happen. I'll never forget how worried I was about your catapault out of the back of the pickup in the church parking lot. She'll survive it and so will you. Everybody gets a little road rash in their lifetime. Luckily hers wasn't from a motorcycle. This will be one more even the twins won't have to experience because you learned experience it with Gwen and you'll be on the look out for it with them.
Love you,
Mom
Me again--I should have proofread that before I published it--oops. Do the spelling and grammar checks for me will you?
Oh, and give little Gwen a big hug from her Grandma and Grandpa and tell her Snowball sends a kiss too.
Leave it to the big sister to make you feel real good about your owies! (hiding behing poles?) We want to add our love and hugs to you both. Love, your big sister, Viki
Gives a whole new meaning to a bump on the head (or the nose) :) Someday I'll tell you the story of when I was playing football on a blacktop parking lot and hot tackled and hit the pavement teeth first! Yep, nice black teeth for a week! OUCH! Give little Gwen a big smooch for the other Grandma and Grandpa as well. Guess we'll have to come over at the end of January to give you and your mom some relief! HA! Then again maybe you'll have to take care of two elderly people! :)))) Sure love you guys...Nice job at the recital Kalysta and Ady...SWEEEEEET!!!! -Big Daddie-
Post a Comment