Kalysta is the ponytail behind the music leaders paper, who looks to be as tall as the teacher in the back row. Ady is the one who I'm not sure who gave it to her or why, but she is enjoying playing with her sticky tac, and suprise, suprise, cannot stand still or stay focused. It may not have helped that we were right in front of her and not some other intimidating parents/teacher.
If you have some time, they are singing: Cabbages and greens, Broccoli and beans, Cauliflower and roasted potatoes, -Taste so good to me!
Apricots and plums, Ripened in the sun, Oranges and yellow bananas, -Good for everyone!
It's another Harvest Festival, When we bring our fruits and vegetables, 'Cause we want to share the best of all, The good things we've been given. It's another opportunity, To be grateful for the food we eat, With a samba celebration to Say 'Thank you' to God the Father.
They had 2 or 3 other songs, did a little skit of who we thank when we bake bread. Kalysta is the Baker, you have the farmer, the miller, and God, (there may be more - just shows how good I am at showing gratitude.) They also recited the story of the hen who harvested and didn't receive help.
Here are some pictures of the stained glass in the church right next to their school (where we had this gathering/celebration). I think it's been there since the 1820's.
I know one of the stained glass windows depicts some of the beattitudes, another the nativity, and the wise men, some may be historical figures.
Anyways, we enjoyed the production, and the historical surroundings. It was nice that it landed on Columbus Day too, so Beau didn't even have to take time off to come. Count your many blessings!!!!
3 comments:
It sounds like you had a great time at the program. I like your new heading. Good job Beau and Kaela.
The video is way cute. I love the song they are singing! I'm glad you included a translation of the words ;) At the very end it looks like Addy is about to pass out and she's holding on for dear life!Could we see Kalysta in the video? Maybe not, or did I miss her?
I love that their school is so healthy and religious. What a wonderful song! I love the video- sweet Addy- that silly putty looks fun:) Beautiful setting for the program! What an experience you guys are getting!!
Post a Comment