Am I the only one who feels slightly alien when pregnant almost parasitish, then to have two at once. I even still feel like I'm looking in from an alter universe - is this really me, are all these girls really mine, and ... I have twins ...What? Well it was confirmed today that...they aren't mine. They are only in the 25% for babies 3 weeks younger than they are (since they were 3 weeks premature, that is where they mark on the chart) My babies are normally 95th to maybe even over 100%. They are only 12 lb. 12 1/2 oz. and 12 lb. 1 1/2 oz. at 18 weeks. (so they are 25% for 15 week olds) The gap is narrowing. Probably because Aubby sneaks a feeding in at night behind Emmy's back since sometimes Emmy sleeps 12 hours. The health visitor suggested we start solids, she said to give me a break and hopefully they'll go longer between feeds. I wonder though if she's concerned with their size and just doesn't want to alarm me. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise - I mean how much milk can one woman produce and still not be losing weight. Urgh - that was a huge factor/excitement in trying to nurse twins. Anyone want to go on the no sweets challenge with me?
sorry no pic's I'm still trying for a video with them both laughing at the same time. yah right like they would ever do anything together. (yet another twin misconception, why could they be so hard, you're sitting down to feed one/putting one to sleep anyways right?)
4 comments:
Kuddo's for nursing the twins! That was hard business! We went for 10 months and then they BOTH stopped latching on the EXACT same day (can you say engorged?!) Your twins are still TINY, mine were that weight at birth and they were 4 weeks early! I wish I could come help you, I really do! Hang in there fellow M.O.M. (mother of multiples)!
Sounds like you had a rough day, Sherrill...or should I say rough last year???? Wish I could fly over in a jif to help some. Hang in there though, you're doing a great job in a situation most women are terrified of! By the way, it's okay that they're small, they are healthy, and they do have some close relatives on both sides that aren't as tall as their parents. Maybe they take after those relatives!
Love you,
Mom
That's so funny that Aubby sometimes sneaks an extra feeding in. And Emmy... sleeping 12 hours sometimes??? I pray that my next wee one will take after her! Sorry their timing is not so in sync yet. I'm willing to TRY the no sweets challenge with you though last time I tried I gained weight trying to replace the sweets with a million other things that didn' t satisfy what one little sweet might have. Maybe I would be better this time about not eating so much other stuff. I'm sure you look great anyway!
Sherrill you always look great! I feel your pain on the small infants equation. Sarah is 9 lbs at 4months but then I look at Katelyn and remember that she was just as small at that age too. Katelyn's well in the 90th percentile for weight now so...what's to worry about right? You are amazing nursing two! Way to go girl!
Post a Comment