We've had ice on our street since the last day of school. The neighborhood has decided we need to take it into our own hands to clear it out. Beau was further down the street chiseling away. Too bad I had babies to take care of. Bwa haa haa. It is wonderful to live in such a thoughtful neighborhood though where if one person starts working on a neighborhood project, they all come out and start chipping away. Even the kids were out with their beach shovels loading snow onto a sled. I thought about having hot chocolate for everyone, but I'm trying a no treats new years resolution, and coffee and tea are SO HUGE here. So instead I played paparazzi and snuck a photo from the comforts of my warm home. Maybe a resolution for next year will be an act of service a day since I failed on serving so far this year ;)
3 comments:
I love your neighborhood!
Ooh, I wish I had a good window like that to play paparazzi with :) That is neat that they all joined together...I too often am giving myself the excuse of Evan to not serve or VT- and I need to be better at that myself and find and make time to do it...resolutions, resolutions!
Nice neighbors for sure!! I need to be a better neighbor:( Guess I'll have to add that to my list of resolutions for 2010- most of my resolutions are more service oriented. I find it can be hard to serve others when kids require so much... gotta get over my antisocial hump somehow. Let me know if you find any tricks:)
Post a Comment