A couple of things I forgot to mention. Kalysta and Ady are in a class of about 25. Similar to a one room schoolhouse the 4-7 year olds all have the same teacher with one assistant. They have lunch with the rest of the school, another class of 25 8-11 year olds. As Kalysta was eating with one of the older girls, she opened her bag of fruit snacks and quickly got caught for eating "sweets". "No sweets allowed in the school!" one boy told her. The 10 year old neighbor defended her "She's only just new!" So the girls are now on my tail making sure I don't sneak anything with sugar into their lunch.
Another event of the day, as soon as Kalysta got home from school she found our bathroom as soon as possible. She refused to go while at school. Apparently getting locked in the airplanes bathroom for over 5 minutes, just sure she'd never figure out or be strong enough to unlock it scarred her pretty bad. No worries though, Ady promised to show her how the doors work today.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, no sweets in school. Englanders would be shocked to see lunches here! How comforting to know they are looking out for each other and in the same class together. The bathroom story cracked me up!
Sweet little Kalysta- did it make her scared that they were giving her a hard time about the sweets? -or did she think it was funny? Who would have thought- come one- fruit snack now are loaded with vitamin C! :) It tugs at my heart strings to think of her holding it all day- I hope she gets comfortable with going there real soon. I am loving these pictures and updates.
Such adventures! And seriously, the lunches here are exact opposite! How funny!
And the bump pictures are darling! Keep them coming!
I love Kalysta's face with her arms crossed in front of the hearth. That sounds like a wonderful school- health conscious and Christian!! Sounds like interesting class dynamics & 'holiday' schedules too. I think US schools should maybe be taking some notes! Did I mention how cute I think they are in those uniforms?
Why doesn't Kalysta like her outfit? Is it because of the "stinkin' pants"?
Post a Comment