Tuesday, 11 September 2007

Why we love September 11th

Kalysta and Beau's masterpiece.

Grandpa Neal even made it out for the festivities. (We're so grateful he's a traveling salesman!)
Kalysta's love for animals had to be addressed.
And of course, for Kalysta, it's all about the glitz. Anyone for a disco with a pink disco ball that lights "ladybirds" and flowers on the wall?

Since I am such an ambitious mother and we sort of decided that we could only do birthday parties when they turn 4, 8, 12, 16, Kalysta decided to take it upon herself to make invitations and spread the word about "the birthday party". So all of her new little british friends are expecting a party and here is the rude American mother that has nothing planned. So the neighborhood mothers tried to clear it up with me and I had to be the bearer of bad news, that no we were not planning this shindig. So all of the adorable neighbor girls show up this morning with cards and gifts for our sweet conniving Kalysta.


Gifts from the neighbors.

So I gave in and invited the 3 girls over for a quick cake and ice cream after our dinner. This was the only adorable little neighbor that could make it. Such a character, not only is her accent amusing, but she is obviously full of personality to boot

Fun was had by all but it is obviously time for bed.

3 comments:

Kaela said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALYSTA!!! How cute, making her own invitations! Looks like fun was had by all- wish I could have been there!

Ali said...

This was a great narrative on Kalysta's birthday. How fun...Happy Birthday to Kalysta!! I love the cake that Dick and her made.

Matt & Viki said...

Looks like a fun party! Happy Birthday from the Pulsipher cousins Kalysta. Kudos from Conner on the sneakiness.