Thursday, 21 August 2008

It shouldn't equate....or maybe I wish it didn't work out this way.

3 new teeth
+2 sinus colds
+4 1/2 hours sleep
all taking place at the same time
in the same two babies
________(equals )__________
1 grumpy (sleep deprived) mama bear

On a happier note, they are still growing well. Em is 15 lb. 8 oz, and Aubry is 15 lb. 1 oz. And Emberly is off her antibiotic, omeprazole, and gaviscon. (the three drugs she's been on for 6 months for her reflux - though maybe some grumpiness could be attributed to taking her off these, it's mostly been since the snotty nose though.) And Emberly now has had both of her lower teeth come in at about the same time, and Aubry got her second lower tooth - as long as we're looking at accomplishments. They are both quite mobile now too. Mostly rolling and pivoting and stretching everywhere. And finally they are getting closer to sitting up, they sit for about 10 seconds unassisted and slowly muscularly drift to one side in a controlled fall. I'm hoping we get all the grumpiness out in time for seminary teaching (home study/one lesson a week) to start. I'm not sure I can keep up with the necessary reading on this sleep pattern. Funny that their first teeth came in on opposite sides right? Aubry's was right. Emmy's left. I really wonder how identical "identical" means. Like - should ones ears stick out (Em), and the others be flat to her head(Aub)?

3 comments:

Ali said...

It sounds like you've got A LOT going on! I talked to Viki today and she mentioned your post and got me curious too...what's this about seminary study?? I'm confused... That picture is really cute of the girls too- kinda artsy too :)

Kaela said...

I love the picture too! Did you get called to teach seminary?! I think I'm a little confused too. Hope you find a way to get more sleep! I am grumpy for no good reason. I hope better days are ahead:)

Ethatch said...

Somewhat familiar picture Sherrill, for two reasons--both are beautiful girls, much like their sisters----and little Aub, in the background has a look that says "what's the climate mom? Happy, sad, did you get enough sleep?" I remember that look from time to time, too! Sure hope the tough nights for you are over for a while now.
Love,
Mom