Saturday, 23 August 2008

Everyone to rocket, rev it up now!

This is the boy who started all of Beau's summer obsession. Beau's boss wanted to buy his son model rockets for his birthday and got several of his employee's hyped up about. One of Beau's frustrations with me is how I spend money on the kids buying clothes (edit by Beau - dolls, etc that the girls never play with but that Sherrill likes), so he now tries to use the excuse of spending money on rockets "for the girls".
This was a crowd pleaser. It had three successive engines. After one shot off it would ignite the other (second set of fins you see) and go further up, then ignite the third engine and, you got it - go even further up. It was even "cooler" that something actually burned the last launch. See the second set of fins? Can't you just see the joy on the girls, I mean Beau's face?

This is a video of the last launch of the day with Beau's rocket. Beau's boss and son launch it (they lost all of theirs to trees last week).

Slow Motion for your viewing pleasure (another edit by Beau)

6 comments:

Ethatch said...

Looks like lots of fun--we lost the rocket after it got in the air, until it came down. Must go up pretty far, huh? In Beau's defense, Sherrill, I do see that the girls are pretty excited to go after the rocket coming down. (Gwen got upset when Kalysta outran her though.) Looks like Beau is getting thinner too---is it the gym, the rockets, or the brood of girls eating all the food? Hope to talk to you tomorrow,Sherrill, it's been two weeks!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Here it is, almost 1 Am Sunday morning here in the big metropolis of Crestwood. Thank goodness Rene is in Richmond Virginia with Rochelle as they welcomed another boy into the family. Taghd Hyrum Flanigan. (Pronounced Tig (Like tiger without the er) Now, to comment on Beau's rocket...where was Beau's take off?? Was fun to watch the girls chase after the blue rocket. I have to admit it really does look like fun. I'm afraid I'd blow more up than the rocket! (Beau knows my true skills) I loved the girls artwork and all your visits and fun. I do have to admit Beau looked just a bit oversize on the train. HA! Cannot believe how big the twins look. Looking forward to seeing them in September. I love visiting my office there at the Neal home..although I have to admit, after a weekend of activities it takes me three days to recover. Beau and Sherrill are awesome as parents and I know both sets of grandparents are quite proud. Thanks for all the updates. It is awesome to read and to watch. Love ya/s. -Big Daddie-

Ali said...

I always thought bottle rocket launching was fun in grade school! I can see how it could be fun for the girls :) But I also loved dolls too...
I like the video editing Beau! Although the voices sound creepy.

Kaela said...

I never got to do rockets, but I remember Ali's. So fun! My favorite was watching the girls run- Kalysta sure got her arms going there for a sec:) The slow mo was really cool to watch too- the voices made me laugh:D

(PS- I tried calling today, not sure if you saw. I wasn't sure if the file I sent you was the right size and resolution???)

Robinson Duo said...

I would say that buying things that you like for the girls, is one of the perks of being a mother of five girls! But you never know, you could have a aerospace engineer amongst them!

Sjauna said...

I LOVE this post! Dave has to keep asking me what I'm laughing about.