Saturday, 20 September 2008

Beau's first blog entry (Sherrill's making me do it)

My dad's in town for business so we decided to meet in Leeds at the Armory Museum. The plan was to meet my dad at the museum and then drive back home together. So I walked a couple of miles from my house to the Ripon bus station, took the 36 bus to Harrogate,

(I rode on the top level in the front, it was awesome)

Took the train from Harrogate to Leeds
Then walked from the Leeds train station to the Armory museum (a little over a mile). There I was able to take these quality shots:






(Don't ask, and remember kids, crack kills)

They also had a cool exhibit on WETA (the people who made the costumes/armor for LOTR and Lion, Witch, Wardrobe). My dad is posing by one of the Orcs.

5 comments:

Ethatch said...

Looks like fun!---I do believe public transit is the way to go in that country! Great pictures, thanks for sharing them. Actually I prefer to see the world that way!
Marge

Ali said...

It looks like the commutes were worth it?/! Glad you have photos to prove it :) You are all getting quite the movie and cultural experiences out there!

Kaela said...

Great post Beau! You should post more often:) That armory museum looks pretty cool. Paul would love it! You and your dad are such great models. I love how much fun you guys always seem to have:)

Neal and Shannon Jenks said...

I think our husbands would get along really well Sherrill! You seem like the best mommy in the world and I love reading about your adventures. I hope one of these days we will live close enough together so we can hang out! What is Vicki up to these days?

Sjauna said...

Haha, that's so funny! I thought you were waiting by yourself at the museum and I was wondering who was lucky enough to be asked to take those pictures of you.