Friday, 3 October 2008

...who lived in a shoe, with so many children....

*edited
So we've all been yelled at for not shutting the front door as children, right? Well this takes on a whole new meaning when you have two nine month olds, and one (Aubry) especially b-lines it for the door/hangs out at the door just waiting for it to open. So I'm sitting here thinking she is just around the corner when I hear a muffled cry. I run around thinking she's in Beau's office crying (which is just by the door). NO - SHE IS OUTSIDE AND ROLLED (OR SCOOTED) SOMEHOW IS DOWN THE DOORSTEP AND DOWN ONE CONCRETE STEP - AND IT ONLY FEELS LIKE THE MIDDLE OF WINTER OUT THERE TODAY. yes, one of the kids *left the door open from previously* blowing bubbles. WHAT THE NEIGHBORS MUST THINK TO SEE BABIES JUST TUMBLING OUT THE FRONT DOOR. disclaimer - no animals or even human babies were hurt too bad in this incident. not even a scrape to prove it to dad. Thank you for all the prayers of the administering angels! Oh and Please, Please, Please don't call CPS on me (or whatever the british equivalent of that is)

5 comments:

Robinson Duo said...

That is too funny! I can validate the claim about the cold weather. It is freezing! I am about to pull out my puffer winter coat.

Ali said...

I don't think that's so bad...you caught her right outside the door! And the girl that was blowing bubbles was keeping an eye on her I'm sure :) I wish it were cold here....I miss the cold.

Kaela said...

I've had an experience or two like this with just my ONE little guy. I'm sure whichever Neal girl was blowing bubbles had a handle on the little baby girl rolling out the door:) Such a cute picture, by the way. My, how fast personality and attitude can appear!

Ethatch said...

I can just see it happening--in any household of 7! You have such a cute humorous way of looking at your life Sherrill, I love it! By the look on her face, she is none the worse for the experience and actually quite proud of it!
Mom

Anonymous said...

My name is Big Daddie with Child Protective Services...I would come to take the children, but I have been around them enough to know I do not have the energy to keep up with them! :)) I can confirm that Auby buzzes around the rooms like a vehicle out of control...it is great fun to watch...Just glad she is alright....but I have to admit I have giggled a bit picturing her going over the ledge to the first step....HA! What a pair...what a picture....I can only imagine what all 5 will be like when they hit their teen years! :)) They are awesome and you guys are great parents! LOve ya's....Big Daddie